Acne is a common skin disease for people of all ages. It is generally associated with teenagers, but adults are just as susceptible to the condition. Thankfully, we offer professional acne treatment right here at Visage Cosmetic Clinic.
When hair follicles become plugged with the naturally-occurring skin oil called sebum and this oil is mixed with dead skin cells and the bacteria that are always on your face, acne starts. There are various types of acne:
- Whiteheads and blackheads are the mildest form of acne and are not infected. Whiteheads are closed and blackheads are open to the air, which is why they look darker.
- Papules don’t contain pus and are small, red bumps. This is usually the first sign of acne. They can be painful.
- Pustules contain pus and may look yellowish or white. If they are popped, it may lead to scarring because the infection can be pushed deeper into the skin.
- Nodules do not contain pus and develop under the skin. They are one of the severe forms of acne.
- Cysts are another severe form that develops under the skin but does contain pus. Cysts need professional treatment.
Many people spend weeks or months trying different over-the-counter creams, gels and other treatments to no effect. If this is the case for you, we recommend you have a consultation with our skin specialist and have your acne diagnosed so that you can receive effective acne treatment.
Professional acne treatment may help you control your acne, make it less noticeable and avoid scarring. The type of treatment that is best for you depends on your age, the severity of your acne and your personal commitment to a treatment regimen, among other factors.
Some of the most effective therapies tend to include light-based procedures like IPL treatment. You may require a series of treatments over the course of multiple weeks to get the desired results. Our specialist will determine if this treatment is a good option for you during an initial consultation at our office.
With access to professional acne treatment, there is no reason why you should suffer from any kind of acne. Our specialist at Visage Cosmetic Clinic may diagnose your unique condition and prescribe the treatment that will produce the best results to remove or decrease the inflammation of your acne outbreaks. Contact us today to book a consultation at our office in Winnipeg and learn more!